Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Waiting for the airport transport!

In 3 hours we will be picked up by airport van.  I cannot believe in 3 hours we will begin a great adventure.

It is humid and hot here today.  I can't wait to get to Switzerland.  There are days of rain, but more with sunshine.  It will be a wonderful time.  You have to look beyond the weather.
The day Manny and I were married there was a heavy fog and rain in the morning.  The weather turned to a beautiful sunny day by afternoon.  My grandma (who is a very wise person) told me the first part of our marriage will be a struggle.  We would have struggle with life and money, but the second part of our life together we would be blessed with happiness and money.  I pray we are on the second phase of our marriage.  We never had a honeymoon.  There were a few reasons we did not go on a honeymoon.  The first was the lack of money and time.  The second was Manny's sister, Genez, was in Operation Desert Storm and returned to the US on the day we were married.  We wanted to be home to welcome her back.
Money was the primary reason we did not go on a honeymoon.

Now 23 years later we are taking a trip of a lifetime.  I hope the first of many.  This is my second trip of a lifetime.  My business trip to Mumbai, India was my first trip of a lifetime.  I went alone.  I could only share my experiences with Manny by pictures and words.  This time we will be together.  My brother and sister-in-law, Tim and Angie, will meet us at the boat on Friday.  We will be floating up or down the Rhine River together.  Experience Europe together.  The memories will be documented for the future.  I have reread my Mumbai blog because I did so much I want to keep the memories fresh. (http://cindyinmumbai.blogspot.com/)

I do not know if I will have time to get my thoughts down before we leave for the airport, so I am doing it early.  In Iceland there is only 60 minutes between flights.  I hope we make the connection.  If not, Iceland is a place I want to visit.

I have to go and finish the little things around the house.

Keep us in your prayers for a safe trip.  Thank you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment