Friday, June 27, 2014

Going Up or Down the Rhine River

Friday has come and gone.  I have 1 more work day.  Now it is the weekend.  So much to do so little time.

First thing tomorrow morning is a deep tissue massage.  I am so excited about this.  Relaxing and soothing. Once I am done with the massage then the day will begin.  The day to exchange money to Swiss Francs and Euros has come.  Hopefully the exchange rate is good.  I would like to have more bang for the buck.

Max brought down the large suitcases.  How many are there?  Yes - 2!!  Now I have to do laundry tomorrow.  Once this is done, the packing will begin.  I want to know why the same amount of clothes packed clean double in volume when dirty.  I have to account for the extra room when I am returning with dirty clothes and the items for the different regions.

The Rhine River begins in the mountains of Switzerland and flows North to the Black Sea.  The laws of gravity are out of whack.  Are we going to up the river or down the river?  Let's think about this.

Going UP the river - The river flows south to north. The compass arrow points up going North.  The cruise begins in Basel, Switzerland and ends in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Going DOWN the river - The river flows typically flows north to south.  In the case of the Rhine it flows the opposite direction.  The cruise is beginning near the beginning of the river and ends near the mouth of the river into the Black Sea.



Now it is time to ponder this....





No comments:

Post a Comment