Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Packing and more packing...How many days are we going to be on vacation?

There are only 3 work days left.  I am not counting the weekend because it makes me feel better.  The packing has continued.  The cosmetics and other items have been placed in my bag.  There is no need for a hair dryer since the hotel and ship have one.  When I went to Mumbai I had 3 requests I needed immediately upon landing - 1. Working mobile to contact my family in the USA; 2. Bottle water; 3. Hair Dryer.  The wonderful people in Mumbai accommodated my quirky requests.

Tonight, I purchased a few other articles of clothing for the trip - just in case.  You may be asking - Just in case, what?  Well, just in case I don't like the other clothes I brought on the trip that day.  You need to understand me. I wake up and depending on my mood determines what I wear.  There are times I stand in front of my closet and tell Manny "I have NOTHING to wear!"  After 23 years of marriage he looks at me.  There are times he will say "Go buy something to wear."  Depending on my mood determines my response back to him.

We fly to Wisconsin for Christmas every year.  One time Manny had to buy me new clothes after we got to my parents' home.  You may be asking why would he buy me new clothes.  Let's begin in the morning at our home.  There were 2 dogs which had to get to the kennel for our time in Wisconsin.  Erika and Max were 6 and 4 years old.  I was the one to bring the dogs to the kennel and run other errands while I was out.  Manny's job was to verify the items the children were packing for their carry-on and to put the clothes I placed on the bed in the suitcase.  Manny is a great packer.  He can condense items in the suitcase and have room left.  I do not have the ability.  Well, by the time I got home the airport van service was waiting for me and so I jumped into the van.  The luggage was in the back and the children had their carry-ons with them.  I don't like to carry anything on the airplane.  Do you see what happened and why Manny had to buy me new clothes????  My clothes were still laying on our bed at home and we were in Wisconsin.
Back to the Erika and Max's carry-on luggage.  Max was complaining his backpack was too heavy while we were working to the terminal.  I looked at Manny. (Wives know the look I used!)  When we were waiting to board the plane, I had Max show me what he pack.  My little boy brought his favorite rock (not a small one), a big helicopter (toy), all of his cars (Matchbox and others) and a large fire truck.  After this trip, I always put my clothes in the suitcase and verified what my children packed for themselves.

We will be packing the rest of the clothes by this weekend.  I will have the list in my head checked off.

By Friday at work I will have all the work updated and assigned to the "lucky" people on my team.

We should be in Luzern, Switzerland if everything goes smoothly around 4pm Swiss time.  There will be time to take a shower and a quick nap before exploring the Palace Luzern and Lake Luzern.  It will be a wonderful time to take a leisurely walk with Manny.  We will find a restaurant which serves Fondue.  Swiss chocolate shops will be exciting for visit.  I will be posting pictures the entire time we are on this adventurous trip.

I want to remember what we see and do.  I want everyone to see each place through my eyes.

I am the luckiest and happiest person!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment