Sunday, June 29, 2014

Packed and ready (almost) with 2 days to go

With 48 hours left before getting on Iceland air to Zurich, Switzerland, I have packed enough clothes for 2 to 3 weeks.  I need to have a decent selection depending on the temperature and day.  I have 2 suitcases under 50lb/23kg.  I am very proud of myself.  I am PACKED 2 days before I need to be.

I have my backpack started.  This laptop will be going as well as my Kindle.  I am bringing one days worth of clothes just in case.  I do not want my carry on too heavy.  I will bring some protein bars for snacking.  I ate a protein bar every day while in Mumbai.  It was my snack.  When I was at work in Mumbai, no food was allowed to be eaten in the work area.  I could sneak my protein bar and eat it at my space.  While en route to Zurich I will have it to snack.  There is a very short layover in Iceland, so there will be no time to eat at the airport.  We have to get through the passport check and onto the next plane.  

We are still searching for unique sights to see.  We are going on the tour of Lucern.  It is more exciting to go off the beaten path and find a hidden jewel.  I am still searching.  I will update everyone once we are there.  On 2 July - I will be in Switzerland.  I never thought I would be going to so countries.  

I have been to Canada, Mexico in North American.  I visited Philippines with Manny and Genez (Manny's sister) in 1989.  Clark Air Force base and Subic Bay Naval base were still open.  It was an amazing time.  I was able to visit Manny's mother family.  I learned a lot about Manny and the Filipino customs.  The family visited Madrid, Spain last summer.  Alfonso (exchange from Spain) came into our lives 4 years ago.  He has come for 3 Summers and we were there for 1.  Max, Erika and Alfonso are great together.  I had the greatest opportunity to spend 1 month in February in Mumbai, India for my company.  I went to train my coworkers.  They taught me so much.  I went knowing very little and left with memories and new ideas.  I found my confidence.  I had not traveled alone my many years.  Going to a new country so terrifying. I have been traveling with Manny all the time  I learned to allow others to assist and not be prideful.  I learned to attempt everything at least once (within reason) of course.  Now I am going to Switzerland, Germany, France and The Netherlands.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before my vacation begins.  Of course my vendors and practices have decided it is critical to have projects completed NOW.  Some have been waiting for months.  I have want to thank Omkar and Abdullah.  They are handling 90% of my work.  Madhura is my  wonderful interface tech who will be working with the guys.  When I was in Mumbai, Madhura was a very quiet young lady.  She did not say much to me.  Now that we have been working together since March, she is an amazing young woman.  She is always smiling and laughing.  She will be patient with the guys while I am out.  

Madhura - I hope your move was easy this weekend!

Back to preparing for our first vacation without the children (who are adults now).  Will I am almost ready.  I have to go through the list and verify I have everything.

The only thing we are missing is Euros and Swiss Francs.  The Exchange store will not have any Francs until Tuesday.  We leave on Tuesday.  I am praying everything falls into place.  If we cannot get it at the Natick Mall there is the exchange place after security in Terminal E. More to come on this....

Only 2 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment