Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lucern and Captain America and more PACKING!

I realize I have 2 work days before Manny and my adventure begins.  I am so excited.  Today I did not buy any clothes, but I did buy the travel size of everything it seems.  Manny mentioned he wanted to bring a first aid kit.  Why do we need to have a first aid kit?  What is he planning on doing to request a first aid kit to be packed for the trip?  I did buy a travel size first aid kit for him.  I hope it will not be opened during the trip.

I remembered another item I forgotten when I went to Mumbai earlier this year.  I forgot my slippers.  The apartment I stayed in had marble floors.  There were times when the floor was slippery.  It would not have been a pretty picture if I fell and could not get up.  This time I have already put slippers in the "to be packed" suitcase.  I will not forgot the slippers this time.  I need to bring my walking shoes (in the "old days" they were called tennis shoe).

What is the "to be packed" suitcase?  It is the suitcase to dump everything into to pack in the other suitcases at a later date.  Manny has the smaller suitcase laying on the floor in our bedroom.  When the clothes are folded it is put in the suitcase.  The suitcase is full.  There is a mound of things to be packed.  When will the larger suitcases be brought down from the attic?  I hope soon.  I want to be completely packed by Monday night.  Tuesday is a day for a massage to relax.  Once I get on the airplane, I will asking for my white wine.  On International flights the liquor is FREE!  I realized this on my flight to Mumbai.  I had 1 glass of wine each way.

I just noticed I am creating a list of things to bring and things to be done.  It is right here.  Wow!  I am good!!! Yup!

I have been trying to remember where I have heard about Lucern, Switzerland.  In the first Captain America Movie Howard Stark mentioned Lucern.  I found the quote.


     Howard Stark: Agent Carter, if we're not in too much of a hurry I thought we could          stop off in Lucerne for a late night fondue.
     [Peggy looks awkwardly at Steve]
     Peggy Carter: Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave        this airspace, we're lucky to have him.
     Steve Rogers: So are you two...? Do you...? Fondue?

Now I am going to Lucern.  Manny wants to eat fondue in Switzerland. Everyone get your minds out of the gutter.  The fondue in Switzerland is supposed to be amazing.  I have found The Fondue House.  There are many other Fondue restaurants.  There will be pictures and video of food during the trip.

Back to my childhood...My parents would pack 4 kids into the family station wagon.  I never remember my mom packing clothes for all of us.  It magically appeared when we arrived to our destination.  My mom is amazing.  How did she pack for the whole family?  None of were never without the basic needs for any of the vacations.  I want to have someone come in and magically pack everything for me.  I HATE packing.  I am exhausted thinking that I have 3 more days to pack everything.  Where is my Packing Fairy?  My mom was the ultimate Packing Fairy.

My list is getting longer for everything to do before Monday.

Next item is to exchange American dollars into Swiss Francs and Euros.





No comments:

Post a Comment