Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What do you pack? Everything!!!!

Next week at this time Manny and I should be over the Atlantic Ocean heading towards Iceland.  Iceland is a country at the top of my list to visit.  The geothermal activity underground is so fascinating.  I want to take at least one week to investigate the country.  For the trip to Switzerland, Iceland is a 1 hour layover.  The first leg of the trip is 5-1/2 hours on the plane.  The second leg is 3-1/2 hours.  I cannot believe in ONE week we are going a vacation without the children.  Don't get me wrong we have always taken our children everywhere.  During the Summer my parents would have Erika and Max at their home in Wisconsin for 2 to 4 weeks.  We would plan small trips around the Northeast.  If we enjoyed it, we would bring the children when they came home from Wisconsin.  The children are no longer children.  They are Adult children.  They will always be my children.

My list is getting longer in my head, but there is nothing written down on paper.  I will have to sit down and start ticking off the items I have packed.  I have packed 4 pairs of pants and 1 pair of jeans.  I will need to bring 3 more pairs of pants.  Now the number of blouses are different.  I need a few nice and fancy ones, but I need regular shirts.  I am bringing some warmer clothes.  We are going to the top of Mt. Titlis which is 3239 meters or over 10,000 feet high.  How exciting.

Getting my work organize is another part of preparing for my 2 week vacation.  Again the list of things to do is in my head!  I have a lot of lists in my head.  Most of the time the lists are organized nice in neatly, but I have many SENIOR moments and forget everything.  EVERYTHING!  I have to email and call others to figure out my lists.  I love the challenge of remembering my lists.  I do not need to buy Brain Exercise games. I create my own games.  I will be creating the Vacation Spreadsheet for the team.  I will have this done by end of day tomorrow.  I want to "cruise" (no pun intended - well may be) the last 3 days of working.

I have the list of addresses to send postcards to when we are in Europe.  I did enter all of the addresses in my "blue" mobile phone.  Being "old" school I will have a paper with all the addresses.  I don't trust technology completely.  I always like being prepared.  I was a Boy Scouts leader for 10 years.  The motto is "Be Prepared".  I have to limit the amount of items I will be purchasing.  The cruise is 7 days.  I cannot go crazy on the first day.  We will spend 2 days in Luzern, Switzerland.

I will be posting pictures from the beginning to the end.  I have been asked to create a video blog.  I am not real comfortable with this mode of blogging.  I am going to stick with writing.  For the one exceptional person who cannot read very fast...I am typing really slow right now so you can catch up with me.

I love my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment